View our Staff Listing
|OurMommiesGroup - Info Center|
|OurMommiesGroup.com Mission Statement|
OurMommiesGroup (OMG) was founded to provide a meeting place for mothers in Union County, NC (the Union County area includes Monroe, Indian Trail, Matthews, Waxhaw, Marshville and other nearby areas) to talk, to offer advice, ask questions, and seek support from other moms in the area. We want our members to feel welcome and accepted despite any and all differences and opinions. OMG encourages open-mindedness, honesty, and integrity in our interactions, both on our forum and at our planned events.
We believe that, although âMommyâ is our primary title, women are so much more than that and should have a secure environment in which they can express and celebrate all their personal facets without fear of reprisal. We hope that OMG can be that place and that this philosophy of acceptance can carry over into our meetings and events.
OurMommiesGroup is a child born of the needs of a small group of local women. We began with a few moms who met regularly through their friends lists on an internationally known friends network. This small group grew until the available format was no longer effective. We needed more options, more subjects, MORE SPACE!
And so, OMG came into the world with much blood, sweat, tears, and even a bit of screamingâ¦ and so it is with most any birth. But when we look at our âbaby' now, we know OMG is one of the best things we've ever done. We sincerely hope that you share in our philosophy and take advantage of the opportunities at OMG. There will be play dates, mother's night out events, and events where the whole family is invited, as well as pages and pages of real-time online conversation. You need only to choose which events you'd like to attend, and which discussions most pique your interest!
|Boards Available on OMG's Forum|
Please take a moment to introduce yourself
General mommie chit chat
Lets talk about TTC, Pregnancy and Delivery
Child Boards :
Trying to Conceive
Baby on Board
Through The Years
Child Boards :
child boards :
Lets talk about Slings, Pouches and MTs. How do you wear your baby?
Toddlers and Preschoolers
Middle and High Schoolers
Mommies Like Me
Child Boards :
First Time Moms
For Moms who have one child .
Moms of Multiples
For moms who have adopted, or are considering the adoptive process,
and even for birth mothers who have placed children with adoptive families
For those with 4 or more children
SAHM (Stay at Home Moms)
WAHM (Work at Home Moms)
WOHM (Work Outside the Home Moms)
Gettin' to the Good Stuff
Child Boards :
Sexy Mommies (fashion)
An Apple a Day (health)
Holding Them Close (relationships)
The Hobby Lobby (hobbies)
Pimp My Home (household tips)
Recipe Box (recipes)
Positive Energies (spirituality)
Child Boards :
CSIâControversial Subjects Inc.
(Support Groups are private and visible by request only)
Child Boards :
Child Boards :
Grief and Bereavement (open to all)
Current Events and Entertainment
Just for Fun
Jokes, Games, Etc
In the News
Lets talk about what's In The News
On the Screen
Lets talk about Movies, TV, Soaps etc
Between the Lines
Read any good books lately?
Need a last minute sitter? A walking buddy? An accountability partner with your dieting?
The Bartering Post
Whether you want to buy it, sell it, trade it, or give it away, this is the place to be.
All Up in Your Business
Advertise your (or DH's) business here
Pros and Cons
Recommendations and warnings about local businesses
Details for all OMG playdates
Child Boards :
Mom's Night Out
Lets talk about what's going on in the area .
|Community Guidelines and Rules of Conduct|
| Community Guidelines
OurMommiesGroup was created because we recognize a common bond in motherhood. Whether we need information, would like a one-to-one connection, or want to contribute to the membership at large, we recognize the value of sharing in this community of Moms. In order to nurture and grow our community, we recognize the following as shared values:
1. All members have a right to be heard no matter what their views. We each have the right to our own opinions and the right to say what those opinions are. We all come from different areas, different families and different situations. With a large group of people it is inevitable that some will not get along with others. However, each member here deserves respect, and disrespectful behavior to a member or to admin/managers or moderators will result in a warning. If disagreements do occur, we expect them to be handled privately and not in the public forums. If you aren't sure if your behavior is unacceptable, well then it probably is. If you feel you are being personally attacked in any way, please notify OMG Administration.
2. Obscenity and pornography do not belong in our community.
3. We agree to behave with the same courtesy that we try to instill in our children. Abusive language, name-calling, insults, harassment, and personal attacks will not be tolerated. Further, members are prohibited from making posts that encourage this type of behavior.
4. We deserve a place to meet without being barraged by commercial messages. A few special areas have been designated for Moms to conduct commercial transactions, and they are so labeled.
5. Within advertising-permitted boards, multiple posts from a single individual in a single day will be treated as spam and the member may be blocked from posting to our boards. We also do not permit blatant âbumping' of your own post in order to garner heightened readership, attention or business. Each member's business deserves equal attention. However, in the event that an advertisement post falls from view on the first page, reposting is acceptable.
6. OMG reserves the right to take appropriate measures including blocking any member from posting to our message boards and/or revoking the person's OMG membership for any member behavior we determine is damaging to our community.
7. Please recognize that non-Members may be able to view Member postings and take responsibility to avoid posting personal information such as home address, telephone number. In the event that you'd like to share this type of personally identifying information, please use the PM system and do not post it on the main board.
8. Please respect privacy and agree not to use email addresses of other Members or to Private Message other members to send unsolicited advertising, chain letters, or requests.
9. In posting to our message board you guarantee to us that you have legal rights to post your material and it will not violate any law or the rights of any person.
10. You understand that we are not responsible for the truth, completeness, objectivity, or usefulness of any content posted by our members ("Member Content") nor do we endorse any Member Content including any postings or replies to postings made by members who serve as volunteer moderators for our message board.
11. We do our best to verify the identity of people using our Site, however, you assume the risk of accepting or rejecting the truthfulness and accuracy of any information you come across.
12. We do have the right to monitor or remove any Member Content at any time and without notice should we become aware of it and if we believe it will improve our Site, but are under no obligation to do so. We can also suspend or terminate use of the Services by anyone who does not follow these Community Guidelines or the OMG Rules of Conduct.
OurMommiesGroup Member Rules of Conduct
We believe that all Members benefit from basic rules regarding conduct while using the Services. Accordingly, we ask you, and you agree to obey the following basic rules of conduct when using the Site:
(*) You will follow these Community Guidelines and all applicable rules made by OurMommiesGroup ;
(*) You will not upload, post, email or otherwise make available any content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortuous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable (in our sole judgment);
(*) You will not upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any content that infringes and/or violates the right of a third party or any law, rule or regulation including but not limited to (a) copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret, or other proprietary right, (b) right of privacy (specifically, you may not distribute another person's personal information without their permission), or publicity; (c) any confidentiality obligation; or (d) any content which you do not have a right to upload.
(*) You will not use the Site or the Services to solely advertise products or services or for other commercial purposes;
(*) You will not collect or store personal information about any other individual on the Site, or otherwise stalk, repeatedly contact, or harass another user or OMG employee;
(*) Do not share content or information given to you by another Member unless expressly authorized to do so by that Member
(*) You will not impersonate any person or entity or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or entity;
(*) You will not post, distribute or transmit any content or software or other computer files that contains a computer virus or other harmful component;
(*) You will not engage in antisocial, disruptive, or destructive acts, including "flaming," "spamming," "flooding," "trolling," and "griefing" as those terms are commonly understood and used in the Internet.
(*) Posting duplicate posts across additional forums is highly discouraged.
(*)Sharing of memberships or screen names is not allowed. If you engage in this type of behavior, you will be banned
(*) Please do not promote other local forums or mothers groups via our forums or private messaging system.
(*)Our Mommies Group is in no way involved in the actual transaction between buyers and sellers on the boards, or in unverified charitable requests. We accept no responsibility for the legality, safety, accuracy, or legitimacy of the items and charitable requests listed on the boards. Both parties accept full responsibility for any transactions transpiring through the message boards.
(*)These are public boards, so act like you would if you were in a public place. We reserve the right to choose the guidelines of objectionable content based on its knowledge of users and company policy. These issues are left to the discretion of the administrative team, but may include any material that is knowingly false and/or defamatory, misleading, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, racist, sexist, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy or that otherwise violates any law or encourages conduct constituting a criminal offense. We reserve the right to amend these guidelines at any time without notice.